DIY Easter: Chick in pot #6
|Pot (as desired)
|Washi tape, color of your choice
|Ribbon, color as desired
|Pair of scissors
|Yellow and orange felt, for wings and beak
|Possibly Easter eggs
1. Clean the pot thoroughly and fill the bottom with ground cover. I still had old stuffing from a Christmas gift lying around. This could of course also be something else. I recently saw something like this at Action.
2. Then I added a line of washi tape around the pot. Because I wanted to decorate the pot a little more, I also tied an Easter ribbon around it.
3. And then the most important thing, making a chick. You need 2 pompoms for the chick. A small one for the head and a larger one for the body. First I tried it with a pompom maker from HEMA. I didn't get as firm a ball as I wanted.
4. So I started cutting cardboard again. Do you want to know how to do that, in the snowman tutorial see how to make this.
5. After making the 2 pompoms I tied them together.
6. Then I cut 2 felt wings and put them between the wool of the largest pompom and glued them in place.
7. An orange triangle of felt for the beak and some wool spines on the head.
8. After gluing the eyes, the chick is ready :-).
9. I then place the chick in the pot in its own nest.
10. And to top it off, added some chocolate eggs. Now I just have to keep my hands off the eggs ;-).
Share your creation
Are you also planning to make a chick in a pot? You can always post a photo on my Facebook page, Instagram or via Twitter @NobodyELSeNL of your creation. And maybe your photo will soon be in a blog with photos from visitors.
© Nobody ELSe