DIY #48: Last minute and low budget Valentine's Day gift
Before you know it, Valentine's Day will be here again. But don't panic! Today I'll show you a quick but fun way to surprise your Valentine with a gift. I made a gift jar with a homemade card for my Valentine. I'll tell you all about it :-).
What do you need for a last minute gift for Valentine's Day:
- A beautiful glass jar with lid. This could also be an old applesauce jar or peanut butter jar, for example. As long as your present fits in it. But make sure you clean it very well!
- Nice gift to put in the pot (also look at the DIY: Make vouchers for Valentine's Day, incl. printable).
- Ribbon for the lid
- Valentine's Day Washi tape, I bought this at Action for €0.79 per set
- Valentine sticker books, purchased at Action for €0.89
- DIY Valentine's Day card, also purchased at Action for €0.49 each
Start crafting the pots
First I started with the pot. I used two jars, one jar from the peanut butter and one jar I had lying around. I cleaned this thoroughly beforehand, both inside and out. If there is a label on your jar, you can easily remove it by first placing the jar in warm water :-).
First I decorated the outside of the pots with the stickers from the sticker books and the various washi tapes. The left jar is for my friend, the right one is for my mother.
Then it was the inside's turn. In one jar I put my homemade voucher and candy hearts (see DIY: Create vouchers for Valentine's Day, incl. printable). I also added Merci chocolate to the other jar.
Make Valentine's Day cards
Finally I made the valentines. I bought two complete sets at Action. One to make a felt card and one to make a honeycomb card.
The cards were really easy to make. The felt hearts have already been cut and stick like a sticker. I glued the hearts differently than the example on the packaging. I liked this better. I glued the hearts I had left over to the inside.
The map with the honeycomb was super easy. Namely, stick the honey comb and you're done. But to give it my own twist, I added some stickers from the Action sticker booklet on the inside. It also matched well :-).
The jars and cards are ready for my friend and mother :-). I'm curious what they think about it. Although I don't think they'll be surprised. My boyfriend and mother also read my blog, haha :-).
Happy Valentine's Day! Hopefully you will be surprised too.
– DIY #47: Make vouchers for Valentine's Day, incl. free printable
– DIY #46: Making gift tags for jewelry / small gifts, incl. free printables
– DIY #45: Small budget proof Christmas DIY projects
– DIY #44: Make your own Christmas baubles with string art
– DIY #43: Free printable Sinterklaas and Pietjes cake decoration
– DIY #42: Easily make your own stickers with the Action
– DIY #41: Sinterklaas decoration, Sinterklaas wreath
– DIY #40: Making a bookmark and page marker
More DIY, click here >
© Nobody ELSe