Make your own cards #14: Mixed Media
Today I'm showing you some cards that I made. This time I was inspired by Mixed Media cards. These are cards that are made with multiple types of materials. Of course I will also explain how I made my cards...
Supplies Mixed Media cards
Mixed Media says it all, combined materials. For these cards I used:
– Standard cards with envelopes, I bought these at Action
– A homemade felt owl, for it free owl pattern click here ->
– A homemade felt mouse, for the free pattern of the mouse click here ->
– Felt in various colors for the owl and felt mouse
– Plain paper and/or paper with a pattern
- Mine Double Do XL with different cutting and embossing dies.
– Double-sided foam tape
– Clear stamps
– Sticky beads
– Standard things like printer, glue, double-sided tape, foam tape, scissors, ruler and box cutter
My Mixed Media cards
The cool owl
First I made this card. I started with a square kraft card from Action. I glued a piece of paper with a star pattern on top. Then I used the Double Do XL to make the flower wreath. Finally, I glued the owl in the middle.
To start I had a square white card. On top I glued a slightly smaller solid pink paper and an even smaller paper with a watercolor paint pattern. I decorated the corners of the card using a clear stamp. I glued a ribbon over the card. On top I glued a flower wreath made of kraft paper that I made with the Double Do. I glued the felt owl in the center of the wreath. As a finishing touch I used adhesive beads in the corners of the stamps and on the flower wreath.
To start I used a square white card. I cut a smaller area than the card from pink plain paper. I stamped a flower pattern on this pink paper with clear stamps. I then colored the flowers with markers. This became the background of my card. I glued a ribbon over the background. With the Double Do I made a large white flower with a cutting die. I adhered this to the card with thick foam tape. Finally, I glued my felt owl in the middle.
I also used a square card made of kraft paper for this card. I glued a slightly smaller white paper on top of that and paper with a blue striped pattern. I use a heart-shaped cutting die to make a heart out of paper with the Double Do. I glued this in the middle of the card. I glued a ribbon over that and then a felt owl. I further decorated the card with stamps and adhesive beads.
Birthday card mouse
With this card I also started with a square kraft card. I cut a smaller square like the card from yellow paper. I made my own birthday pattern on the yellow paper with clear stamps. Which I then colored with markers. I glued this homemade pattern onto the card. Then I glued the mouse to the card. In the top right corner I attach a ribbon with a circle on top (made with the Double Do). I stamped “make a wish” on the circle.
What do you think of the use of various materials on homemade cards?
– Make your own cards #13: Make cards with Clear Stamps
– Make your own cards #12: Making cards with felt
– Make your own cards #11: Washi tape
– Make your own cards #10: Double Do XL
– Make your own cards #9: Christmas cards 2016 #2
– Make your own cards #8: Making cards with felt
– Make your own cards #7: Christmas cards 2016 #1
– Make your own cards #6: Cards with watercolor paint and felt
– Make your own cards #5: Cards with felt
© Nobody ELSe